Social Media Facts
Social Media: used every day by almost every person you know. Sharing pictures, sharing content, sharing information and looking for information are just a few of the main reasons people utilize social media.
It should come as no surprise to anyone reading this that Facebook has grown by leaps and bounds since inception in 2004. What you may not know is just how much some people are using Facebook. And don't forget Twitter, which is growing rapidly as well. Did you know that:
- Facebook has (approximately) 660,000,000 users, more than twice as many people as live in the United States
- There are more than 1,000,000,000 tweets generated each week (that's 1,653 every second)
- Social media garners more online activity than email
- 75% of Internet users in the United States go to Facebook at least one time each month
- Facebook receives more than five times the number of page views that Google receives
- The average person spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube and 25 minutes per day on Facebook
- Advertising expenditures on Facebook are expected to top $2,000,000,000 by the end of 2011
If you think social media is a fad or something that has no bearing on the success of your business (big or small), consider the numbers above. With Facebook's IPO (expected in the Spring of 2012) to generate a $75,000,000,000 valuation and Twitter's rumored valuation of $10,000,000, maybe it's time to look into ways that social media can have a positive impact on your bottom line.
Keep this in mind: social media is about a dialogue, not a monologue. It's about listening and engaging, not preaching and selling.
Please contact us to learn more!